Monday, October 24, 2011

Etsy Shop Feature - Elephant Beads

A super huge thank you to Molly of Elephant Beads for contacting us to make a donation! Please take a moment to learn more about her shop and her lovely creations!



How long have you been crafting?
All my life! Once upon a time I planned to become an artist, but then turned to writing and teaching. But throughout my life I have enjoyed creating things and modifying the space around me to reflect my inner sense of harmony.

When did you turn your hobby into a business?
About a year ago I set up my Etsy shop, "elephantbeads," and began selling jewelry and metalwork bookmarks. I have a full time corporate job, but doing this creative work keeps my inner artist completely happy!

What is your favorite Etsy shop?
There are so many that I love! But here are some shout-outs for some of my favorite shops for purchasing supplies, because they may not get recognized as often as those of us who sell finished products, and they are such an important part of my creative process:
- PottyMouthGems - exceptional quality gems, pearls, and metalwork copper pieces, and her descriptions always make me laugh!
- VintageBeadNut – I love the unusual beads I can find in this shop. Working with vintage or unique beads is so much fun.
- UncommonBeads – I find some great beads in this shop, and exceptional values. It’s a pleasure just to see what they have in stock!


How has Breast Cancer affected your life?
A very important member of my family won her battle with breast cancer and has been in remission for many years. Her sister, however, continues the fight, and her exceptionally positive approach to the process has set a new standard in my world for bravery. I have had other very close and dear friends who have lost the battle against other forms of cancer. We each have a different path to walk, and along my path I have appreciated the opportunities I’ve had to support others.

Thank you so much Molly for your generousity!!!
HUGS,
Julie
CourageforKristi.etsy.com














No comments:

Post a Comment