Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Etsy Shop Feature - TheGoodOleDays

I am excited to feature the wonderful shop TheGoodOleDays!!! Here you will find beautiful handmade items for the home (personally, I am on a big aptron kick as of late!). Check out the beautiful pillow case cover donated to Courage for Kristi!
More about TheGoodOleDays:
How long have you been crafting?I've been sewing on and off for some time now, but I started sewing in earnest last year. I was looking for something to do to help earn some extra money while I homeschooled my son.

When did you turn your hobby into a business?
Working outside of the home was not really an option, so this was a fun way to do something I like and feel useful at the same time. My shop is nowhere near the business I'd like it to be, but it's been a great learning experience so far.

What is your favorite Etsy shop?

Favorite Etsy shop? Impossible. There are so many incredibly talented people out there, I could never pick just one.


How has breast cancer affected you?
Until last year breast cancer never really affected me. No one in my family nor anyone I knew personally had had it. However in April my best friend had a mastectomy. I had no idea she had breast cancer or had bad it was. In December she was admitted into the oncology ward at the hospital. I still had no idea how bad it was. I stayed with her as long as I could each day and within five days she was gone. She had told only a few family members and one or two others about her ilness because she wanted everone to treat her the same as they always did; no pity, no tears. She came to terms with her illness and decided to spend her time celebrating life each and every day....So, how has it affected me? Well, I lost my best friend and I'll never have another. I will get a mammogram every year and be proactive with my health. There is so much more I could say, but the truth is I will never be the same. (see Lisa's tattoo honoring her dear friend at right)


Thank you so much!
HUGS,

No comments:

Post a Comment