Sunday, October 9, 2011

Etsy Shop Feature - QsFlowerStand

A super huge thank you to Erika of Q's Flower Stand for contacting us to make a donation! Please take a moment to learn more about her shop and her lovely creations!


How long have you been crafting?

I've been a crafter for as long as I can remember. I learned how to knit and sew at a young age. However, I didn't really get into it until after High School. I am from Southern California, but I moved to Missouri for college. It was my first experience living in cold weather, so I remember getting out the knitting needles and making scarves. I haven't stopped since and it's been over 10 years!


When did you turn your hobby into a business?


Within the last month! As my daughter is getting older, she's been a lot more independent so I have had more time to make things. I enjoy crocheting outside in the sun as she plays by my side. Because I was able to do this, I decided, why not, let's start Etsy. I love the etsy community, so I am excited to now be a part of this. I've got a lot more things coming that I am excited for! In fact, I'm offering Free Shipping right now with the code QSHIP.

What is your favorite Etsy shop?

Wow! How do you choose? There are so many wonderful shops. The creativity is amazing!! However, being a new mom, I gravitate towards the children boutiques. I've always adored Gifts Define and Lippy Lou Design, which have the cutest shoes for little girls!! I just bought some cards from Mad Lucy Paper that are really cute, too!
How has Breast Cancer affected your life?
I feel like it's almost safe to say that we all know someone who has been affected by this. That's really scary! I feel very humbled and thankful to say that the women I know who have been diagnosed have all conquered it with a clean bill of health and while they may or may not have had a mastectomy, it was caught early enough to allow them their life. I hope that my contribution will give those going through this, the hope and opportunity that will allow them to live their life!

Thank you so much Erika!

Hugs,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment