Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Etsy Shop Feature - Home Shop Creations

I am so happy to introduce you to a wonderful Etsian who has so thoughtfully donated to the Courage for Kristi fundraiser: Bill of HomeShopCreations. Bill so kindly offered to donate one of his handcrafted pens after I featured his item in a Breast Cancer Awareness Treasury. How sweet! Please read on to learn about Bill and his wonderful shop.
How long have you been crafting?
I have been directly involved in the hands-on of lathe turning and penmaking for about 18 months now. I had to take an early retirement from my job of 33 years, and finding this craft really fit the bill to better utilize my time. I am totally infatuated by this craft. I did start out by making and gifting pens and other items to family and friends, but the requests from others "outside the circle" made me turn to selling my wares. My biggest thrill is creating a pen from something original or sentimental like family trees, or even waist belts to make laminated leather pens.

What is your favorite Etsy shop?
My favorite shop is Skyspirit8. That wonderful lady named Deb hand paints various glassware and creates some of the most beautiful pieces of art I have seen. I connected with her because I supply her with some of her special bottles.

How has Breast Cancer affected you?
As far as how Breast Cancer has affecting me, the saddest part is that this terrible disease is so widespread, that it seems to touch every family in some way. My wife and I have lost many wonderful women to this disease, and I am always in awe of the courage these women display. Occasionally, some of the lucky ladies beat the cancer, but more often than not, they don't. I try to do whatever I can to help defeat this disease.




Thank you so much for your generous donation!
Hugs,
Julie http://www.courageforkristi.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment