Monday, October 24, 2011

Etsy Shop Feature - KnittingNY

A super huge thank you to Stacy of KnittyNY for contacting us to make a donation! Please take a moment to learn more about her shop and her lovely creations!

How long have you been crafting?I've been crafting for for about 20 years; I started out cross-stitching and then switched to knitting about 3 years ago. It's a lot of fun, I love to create and have fun with different patterns!

When did you turn your hobby into a business?I started my Etsy shop in June, this is my first try at doing my hobby as a business. :*)

What is your favorite Etsy shop?

It's difficult to choose just one Etsy shop as my favorite but I can narrow it down to two - The first one is VillaCollezione, which is a vintage shop that I love to browse since she's always got very funky, unique things for sale. My second one is HandicraftsByKaren which is a crochet shop and the seller just happens to be my mom. ;*)


How has Breast Cancer affected your life?
I work part-time in a small local pharmacy (it's like one of those old 'mom & pop' type pharmacies) and I've met so many brave, wonderful customers who currently have or they've battled breast cancer. This is a small town so I know my customers well and it does affect me when I hear their sad news and listen to their struggles. But the best part of my job is when these same women come in strong and healthy and tell me that, after struggling with chemo and everything else, they are free and clear of the cancer. I love to see their smiles when they tell me the good news.

HUGS!
Julie
http://www.blogger.com/www.CourageforKristi.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. Stacy! congratz on another interview! i learned more about you & KnittingNY. And Julie such a lovely blog about one of my favorite etsians
    and i am so honoted Stacy!

    villacollezione.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete