Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Etsy Shop Feature - Nesting Pretty


When I look at Tamara's Nesting Pretty shop one word comes to mind...HAPPINESS! Tam's shop is so full of joy and beauty it always puts a smile on my face. Of course, the creator behind these beautiful delights is just as sweet and lovely! Read on to learn more about Nesting Pretty: How long have you been crafting? For as long as I can remember I have always been a crafty gal. My favorite thing to do is repurposing items. When I was younger my Mother would take me shopping for new clothes and within the first week I would somehow manage to change what she bought me into a new creation. I simply adore fabric, but I must admit that I do not know how to sew. So for now my fabric collection is just something pretty for me to look at. I started making jewelry about 5 years ago and instantly fell in love with how creative I can be with it.

When did you turn your hobby into a business? Funny that I never even toyed with the idea of selling my creations. It wasn't until my wonderful hubby came home one day to tell me about this funny conversation that he listened to on The Mark and Brian Radio Show that morning about a gal that was selling on Etsy. While he was telling me this story light bulbs started going on in my head. That very day I poked around on Etsy literally all day long. I was in love and new this was something I wanted to do. I had my shop set up within a few weeks and have loved it every since.

What is your favorite Etsy shop? Oh my. there are sooooo many shops here on Etsy that I love. However I did just stumble upon this adorable shop called Misala Handmade yesterday and I instantly fell in love with her creativity. My favorite little bag is this adorable little sheep clutch. I just might have to get this for my daughter who is turning 3 next week. She will Love it!

How has Breast Cancer affected your life? Cancer has touched my life through loved family members and friends. My Father, Uncle and Aunt having all passed from Cancer, My Aunt having breast cancer. It saddens me that so many people are affected by this terrible disease and struggle daily not knowing what the outcome of there fate will be. I had just a pinch of this feeling a few weeks ago when I had my routine mammogram. When the test came back with a diagnosis of we see something and want to re-test I was crushed, nervous, scared and extremely anxious to re-test and know the answer of MY soon to be fate. I have to admit that waiting for those results was the longest week of my life. I seriously thought my head was going to explode from all of the thoughts running through it. So when the results were in that it was benign and I was OKAY my first thought was how blessed am I. Instantly after my first thought I had a second that this is what it feels like for so many everyday who are struggling with cancer. I was sad and happy at the same time. My eyes were opened just a little bit wider that day and continue to stay open wide today.


Thank you Tam for supporting Courage for Kristi again this year.

HUGS!
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment