Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Etsy Shop Feature - MegsCrochetJewels


Thank you to Meghan of MegsCrochetJewels for donating to Courage for Kristi for the second year in a row! Please check out her gorgeous creations and learn a little more about her below:

How long have you been crafting?

I have been crocheting since before i can remember! I actually don't even remember learning it's just always been a part of me:) I started crocheting wire about 5 years ago when I became interested in wire and bead art. I translated it over to crocheting and was HOOKED! Pun intended:)

When did you turn your hobby into a business?

I always crocheted baby blankets and scarves for gifts but when I started on the jewelry I always had it in my mind that I wanted to make it a business. At first it was just selling at little craft fairs and to family and friends. When I first started my Etsy shop I didn't know a lot and I just opened it and left it alone. About a year passed before I found a wonderful Etsy group and they put me on the right road.

What is your favorite Etsy shop?

You mean besides the Courage for Kristi shop right!;) Wow! That's a really hard question! It has evolved over time and I think now every month I have a new obsession! The last thing that I Favorited was a trio of spiders from www.etsy.com/shop/thedustyraven. This shop is really neat and I just love the Rusted Metal!

How has Breast Cancer effected your life? (if you are comfortable answering this question)

I have been fortunate in that I don't know anyone or have lost anyone to Breast Cancer. I do however have that fear in the back of my mind just because it is so prevalent. I do my monthly breast exams religiously and always try to remind others to do them as well. I also think it is important for women to know the risks of things like birth control that can increase your risks for the cancer.

Thank you Meghan!

Don't forget to shop for a cause at www.CourageforKristi.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment