Saturday, March 10, 2012

A HUGE scare and a HUGE thank you...

I am so very thankful for our local volunteer fire company and want to shout it from the roof tops (maybe I should have borrowed their amazing ladder while they were here!). We had quite a scare when today when our fireplace started pushing smoke into our house instead of out! I feel so lucky that no one was home...I had even take my rescue pup to the store with me at the time.
Coming home to a smoked filled house was quite startling, but my neighbor had called to say something seemed amiss with the black smoke coming from the chimney. Everyone is safe now and the volunteer firefighter's bellies are now full of homebaked goodies.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Safe and sound...

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Whew, that is so good that it was just the chimney and not anything more serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so scary! Good time to check all your smoke alarms, I guess.

    ReplyDelete